Last weeks top scorers against Westmeath Rowe and Tyrrell among the substitutes for tomorrow’s TG4 Leinster senior meeting against Meath
TG4 Leinster Senior Championship Round 2
Dublin v Meath
Mick Bohan has named his Dublin team selection for Saturday evenings big TG4 Leinster Senior championship clash with reigning All Ireland and division one league champions Meath in Parnell Park.
Despite Dublin’s thirty seven point win over Westmeath last weekend the Sky Blues management have made six changes to this weekends starting line-up.
Coming into the side are Abbey Shiels in goal in place of Ciara Trant, Ellen Gribben and Martha Byrne replace Niamh Collins and Aoife Kane in the defence. Kate McDaid comes into the Dublin engine room in place of Lauren Magee and up front Kate Sullivan and Lyndsey Davey replace Dublin’s two top scorers last weekend, Carla Rowe and Hannah Tyrrell.
The two teams last met back at the start of March in the Lidl National Football league in Páirc Tailteann in Navan in an exciting and full blooded encounter which Dublin won thanks to a late injury time converted free from Hannah Tyrell.
Tomorrow’s encounter is expected to be another eagerly contested and close affair from these two great rivals, particularly with the possibility of the two teams meeting again in the Leinster final and possibly further down the road in the All Ireland series.
Admission to the game is by ticket only and fans wishing to watch this battle live are encouraged to buy their tickets in advance of arriving at the stadium Adults €10, students €5, under 16’s free of charge (no ticket required) Tickets are on sale from this link https://bit.ly/3Kstlxc
For those supporters unable to get to the game or supporters from overseas can watch the game live via the Leinster LGFA streaming portal service. https://page.inplayer.com/leinsterlgfa/index.html
A full championship ticket is available on offer for €25, a weekend pass costs €10, while a single game is available for €5. All details of the new service by Leinster Council is available at: https://page.inplayer.com/leinsterlgfa/index.html
The action gets underway in Parnell Park tomorrow evening at 7pm and we will have LIVE UPDATES of all the action as it happens over on our Twitter feed @wearedub
Dublin Starting Team
1. Abby Shiels (Lucan Sarsfields)
2. Jess Tobin (Cuala)
3. Leah Caffrey (Na Fianna)
4. Ellen Gribben (St Brigids)
5. Sinead Goldrick (Foxrock Cabinteely)
6. Martha Byrne (Cuala)
7. Orlagh Nolan (Ballinteer St Johns)
8. Jennifer Dunne (Cuala)
9. Kate McDaid (Kilmacud Crokes)
10. Nicole Owens (St Sylvesters)
11. Sinead Wylde (Cuala)
12. Kate Sullivan (St Sylvesters)
13. Caoimhe O’Connor (Clontarf)
14. Niamh Hetherton (Clontarf)
15. Lyndsey Davey (Skerries Harps)
16. Ciara Trant (St Brigids)
17. Niamh Collins (Foxrock Cabinteely)
18. Hannah Tyrrell (Na Fianna)
19. Aoife Kane (Kilmacud Crokes)
20. Lauren Magee (Kilmacud Crokes)
21. Siobhan Killeen (Clontarf)
22. Natalia Hyland (Ballyboden St Endas)
23. Tammy Quinn Corbally (Thomas Davis)
24. Grainne O’Driscoll (Cuala)
25. Jodi Egan (Foxrock Cabinteely)
26. Siobhan Woods (Raheny)
27. Rachel Brennan (St Peregrines)
28. Rachel Hartnett (Cuala)
29. Katelyn O’Brien (Ballyboughal)
30. Emer Ní Éafa (Fingallians).