Dublin make one switch to their starting 15 as they head for Cusack Park in Mullingar to face Westmeath
Westmeath v Dublin
Sunday, May 1st. 3:00pm
TEG Cusack Park, Mullingar
A one point victory over Wexford wil have spurned Mattie Kenny’s Dublin Senior Hurling Panel as they head to Mullingar for Round 3. And they won’t take Westmeath, or any side lightly as they’ll want to be looking at a string finish against Kilkenny and Galway.
It ‘s a chance for Dublin to go three for three, while Westmeath are in search of their first win in the competition.
Although they’ve had two tough encounters already, the Dubs have come out on top with a 2-15 to 1-20 win over Laois, followed by their victory Wexford on teh road last weekend. If they can secure a third win on Sunday it gives them a bit of breathing space before welcoming Kilkenny to Parnell Park. And as Kilkenny were the only side to hand Dublin a defeat this year, that will be in the heads of Kenny players on the return leg.
Kenny has named one changed to the starting 15 who were victorious over Wexford last weekend. James Madden makes way for Shane Barrett at wing back.
The game throws in at 3:00pm at TEG Cusack Park on Sunday.
Dublin Senior Hurling Starting 15 (v Westmeath)
1. Seán Brennan (Cuala)
2. John Bellew (Lucan Sarsfields)
3. Eoghan O’Donnell (Whitehall Colmcille)
4. Cian O’Callaghan (Cuala)
5. Donnacha Ryan (St. Brigids)
6. Paddy Smyth (Clontarf)
7. Shane Barrett (Na Fianna)
8. Conor Burke (St. Vincents)
9. Chris Crummey (Lucan Sarsfields)
10. Donal Burke (Na Fianna)
11. Riain McBride (St. Vincents)
12. Danny Sutcliffe (St. Judes)
13. Fergal Whitely (Kilmacud Crokes)
14. Ronan Hayes (Kilmacud Crokes)
15. Aidan Mellett (Ballyboden St. Endas)