DUBSTV highlight from Saturday’s Dublin Senior Hurling Championship Double Header in Parnell Park

Dublin Senior Hurling Championship – Round 1

St. Vincents 1-13
St. Judes 0-13

Vincent’s held off a late Jude’s comeback before clinching victory in Saturday’s Dublin Senior Hurling Championship ‘A’ Group 1 game in Parnell Park.

The men from Marino didn’t score for almost the concluding 20 minutes of the game, but by that time had built an eight points lead that Jude’s tried to close but sadly failed. Vincent’s defence stayed rock solid with Jude’s throwing everything at them. Conor Burke’s goal three minutes before half time completed a dominant opening session for Vincent’s as they led 1-9 to 0-5 at the break.

It had taken Jude’s 22 minutes to score from play, a Joe McManus point, at which stage Vincent’s were then six points clear. Moore did a lot of good work up front for Vinnies, with Keith Connolly, Brian Bolger, Oisin Lanigan and Rian McBride all on target. Four minutes into the second half Rian McBride converted his second sideline and points from Burke (free) and Keith Connolly saw Vins move further clear. But Jude’s then reacted with points form McManus, Fionn O Riain Broin and Eoin McLoughlin, McManus then added two frees and when Danny Sutcliffe launched over a long-range free from inside his own half Jude’s were just five points in arrears entering the last ten minutes.

But Vincent’s held strong in defence to record their second win from two starts in the group.

Cuala 1-15
Craobh Chiarain 0-14

Club Hurler Of The Year Sean Moran helped his Dalkey team mates to a Dublin Senior Hurling Championship ‘A’ Group 3 victory over Craobh Chiaráin. Jake Malone’s 17th minute goal following good approach play by Colm Cronin helped the back-to-back All-Ireland champions into a 1-9 to 0-5 interval lead.

But Craobh Chiarain rallied in the second period and pushed their opponents all the way with Billy Ryan and Cian Derwin doing well for the Donnycarney men.

Two David Treacy points and another from Niall Carthy saw Cuala, who lined out without Mark Schutte and Con O’Callaghan, to victory. And that victory was enough to send Mattie Kenny’s side into the quarter-finals.