The Kilmacud Crokes man has been missing from the Dublin Starting 15 for their last two Championship outings
Dublin v Mayo
Saturday, August 10th. 5:00pm
Croke Park, Dublin
Dublin boss Jim Gavin has revealed his hand ahead of tonight’s massive Football Semi Final encounter with Mayo. And it’s very much a return to the norm following the very experimental starting 15 announced for last week’s away trip to Omagh.
Cillian O’Sullivan makes a return to the side following a two game absence. The Kilmacud man did feature in the opening Super 8 encounter with Cork but was missing for both the Roscommon and Tyrone fixtures.
Tonight will be the seventh Championship meeting between these two side since Mayo despatched Dublin from the All Ireland Championship back in 2012. Since then it’s four wins for Dublin with the sides finishing level in both the 2015 Semi Final and 2016 Final.
In other potential team news it’s being reported that the returning Diarmuid Connolly has been rewarded a slot on the Dublin bench. But apparently there’s no room this evening for either Bernard Brogan or Eoghan O’Gara. Rory O’Carroll has also reportedly been cut for tonight’s game.
Connolly made a welcome return to Inter County action last weekend and looked effortless. There is speculation that he could potentially be a late replacement for one of the starting 15.
Dublin Starting 15 (v Mayo)
1. Stephen Cluxton (Parnell’s)
2. David Byrne (Naomh Olaf)
3. Cian O’Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes)
4. Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala)
5. Jack McCaffrey (Clontarf)
6. James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
7. John Small (Ballymun Kickhams)
8. Brian Fenton (Raheny)
9. Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
10. Niall Scully (Templeogue Synge Street)
11. Con O’Callaghan (Cuala)
12. Brian Howard (Raheny)
13. Paul Mannion (Kilmacud Crokes)
14. Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams)
15. Ciarán Kilkenny (Castleknock)