Tonight’s game with Clare is the second game in a massive National League Double Header at Croke Park
Dublin v Clare
Allianz National Football League Division 2
Saturday, February 25th. 7:00pm
Croke Park, Dublin
While Dublin’s Senior Footballers sit sharing the top spot in Division 2 of the Football League with Derry, the story so far might paint a different picture. Close games against both Kildare and Cork prove just how competitive this division has been so far. For some of the smaller counties the implications of a positive finish are certainly showing. And none more so than tonight’s opponents Clare.
Dublin will meet their table topping rivals Derry next weekend but they’ll need to get through 70 minutes with Clare tonight at Croke Park before their thoughts turn to that away trip.
Clare will have been bitterly disappointed to have lost against Kildare, who finished strongly at Cusack Park.
Colm Collins, still providing valuable leadership and direction, will be enthused by the fact that so many Clare players featured in the Electric Ireland Sigerson Cup.
Dessie Farrell has named his starting 15 for tonight’s clash with Clare with 2 changes from the side that started against Cork last week.
Sean MacMahon and James McCarthy come into the starting XV, with Michael Fitzsimons and Peadar Ó Cofaigh Byrne making way
Dublin Senior Football Starting 15 (v Clare)
1. David O’Hanlon (Na Fianna)
2. Daire Newcombe (Lucan Sarsfields)
3. Seán MacMahon (Raheny)
4. Lee Gannon (Whitehall Colmcille)
5. James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
6. John Small (Ballymun Kickhams)
7. Cian Murphy (Thomas Davis)
8. Brian Fenton (Raheny)
9. Tom Lahiff (St. Judes)
10. Ciarán Kilkenny (Castleknock)
11. Ross McGarry (Ballyboden St Endas)
12. Niall Scully (Templeogue Synge Street)
13. Cormac Costello (Whitehall Colmcille)
14. Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams
15. Con O’Callaghan (Cuala)