The Dublin minor Footballers head to O’Connor Park in Tullamore this weekend to face Offaly
Offaly v Dublin
Saturday, July 10th. 12:00pm
Bor Na Mona O’Connor Park, Tullamore
Another competition to see a return following major disruptions last year due to COVID-19 is the Electric Ireland Minor Championships. Our Minor Hurlers have another week before they start their campaign at the Quarter Final Phase. But the Dublin Minor Footballers get up and runnign this weekend with a trip to O’Connor Park in Tullamoreto face Offaly.
Minor Football manager Ger Lyons yesterday finally got to name his first starting 15 for the provincial knockout game. And he’s presented Skerries Harps Eoghan O’Connor Flanagan the captaincy.
The starting 15 consists of players from 11 Dublin county teams, with Skerries Harps heavily represented with 3 players; O’Connor Flanagan, Ronan Geoghegan and Greg McEneaney. Ballinteer St. Johns and Kilmacud Crokes both have a brace of players in the starting line up, with the remaining players coming from Clontarf, Lucan Sarsfields, Ballyboden St. Endas, Thomas Davis, St. Pats Donabate, Erins Isle, Whitehall Colmcille and Templeogue Synge Street.
The action gets underway at 12 noon in Tullamore with the winners of the tie facing either Carlwo or Kildare in the Semi Finals on July 24th.
Dublin Minor Football Starting 15 (v Offaly)
1. Charlie Coghlan (Clontarf)
2. Finn Bruton (Lucan Sarsfields)
3. Dan Murphy (Kilmacud Crokes)
4. Ronan Geoghegan (Skerries Harps)
5. Matthew Gardiner (Ballinteer St Johns)
6. Greg McEneaney (Skerries Harps)
7. David Colbert (Kilmacud Crokes)
8. Ciarán Duggan (Ballyboden St. Endas)
9. Eoghan O’Connor Flanagan (Skerries Harps)
10. Ross Mullarkey (Thomas Davis)
11. Mark McNally (Ballinteer st Johns)
12. Clyde Burke (St Pats Donabate)
13. Tadhg Gorman (Erins Isle)
14. Seán Gannon (Whitehall Colmcille)
15. Scott McConnell (Templeogue Synge Street)