Jim Lehane has made two changes to the Dublin Minor Football Starting 15 for tomorrow’s last four clash
Westmeath v Dublin
Saturday, June 22nd. 3:45pm
TEG Cusack Park, Mullingar
Four wins from four in the Group 1 stage and Quarter Final for Jim Lehane’s Dublin Minor Football panel sees them in the last four and a road trip to Mullingar tomorrow to take on Group 2 runners up Westmeath.
A clean sweep of wins against Meath (4-10 to 2-10), Wexford (3-06 to 1-11) and Offaly (2-13 to 0-13) saw the young boys in blue advance to the last eight where they met Wicklow in Aughrim. And with a comprehensive (0-20 to 1-09) victory over a team that shocked them in last year’s competition, it’s onto the Semi Finals.
Westmeath’s only blip to date was a Round 2 loss to Laois, but wins over Longford and Carlow got them into the knockout stages. Against Meath, who most favoured, they were in impressive form, finally finishing 2-15 to 1014 winners after extra time. They’ve certainly earned the right to be in tomorrow’s clash.
Dublin manager Jim Lehane has made two changes to the side that started against Wicklow at the beginning of the month. With Jack Lundy and Luke Murphy-Guinane making way there’s some room for positional changes too.
Ben Harding comes into the half back line, with Harry Culcough starting alongside David O’Dowd in midfield. Kieran Conray and Conor Archer trade places in the backs. And with O’Dowd moving into midfield, Senan Forker switches into the half back line.
Dublin Starting 15 (v Westmeath)
1. Hugh O’Sullivan (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
2. Conor Tyrell (St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh)
3. Ben Millist (Ballinteer St John’s)
4. Kieran Conroy (St Pat’s, Donabate)
5. Ben Harding (Castleknock)
6. Senan Forker (Castleknock)
7. Conor Archer (Naomh Mearnog)
8. David O’Dowd (Cuala)
9. Harry Colclough (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
10. Ryan O’Dwyer (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
11. Sean Kinsella (Fingal Ravens)
12. Fionn Murray (Thomas Davis)
13. Alex Rogers (Clann Mhuire)
14. Luke Swan (Castleknock)
15. Robbie Bolger (Ballymun Kickhams)