Dublin v Monaghan
Saturday, August 5th. 6:00pm
Croke Park, Dublin.
Dublin boss Jim Gavin tonight announced his starting team to face Monaghan tomorrow evening in Croke Park in this year’s All Ireland Quarter Finals, and has given the nod to Na Fianna’s Jonny Cooper to return to his defensive duties. Interestingly he has moved and named Jack McCaffrey to the Half Forward line, meaning Niall Scully will have to settle for a place on the bench.
After their displays in the Leinster Final, Gavin has also chosen to stick with Philly McMahon and John Small in defence, who were both last minute changes before their encounter with Kildare a couple of weeks ago.
James McCarthy has been named and numbered into Midfield, a position he has slotted into over the championship despite being listed at wing back. And apart from a few minor tweaks, it’s as you were for the Dublin team.
Dean Rock has regained his spot at corner forward, despite Bernard Brogan’s performance, replacing the Ballymun club man on a Black Card.
Dublin Starting XV (v Monaghan)
- Stephen Cluxton (Parnells)
- Philly McMahon (Ballymun Kickhams)
- Cian O’Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes)
- Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala)
- Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna)
- John Small (Ballymun Kickhams)
- Eric Lowndes (St. Peregrines)
- Brian Fenton (Raheny)
- James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
- Ciarán Kilkenny (Castleknock)
- Con O’Callaghan (Cuala)
- Jack McCaffrey (Clontarf)
- Paul Mannion (Kilmacud Crokes)
- Paddy Andrews (St. Brigids)
- Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams)