The Five Changes To The Dublin Inter Camogie Team Are In Goal, Midfield And The Forward Unit
Littlewoods Ireland National Camogie League, Division 2, Group 3
Tipperary v Dublin
Saturday 29th of February
Venue: Mary Immaculate College, St Patrick’s Campus, Thurles
Referee: John Horgan
There are five changes to the Dublin Inter Camogie team for their rearranged Littlewoods Ireland National Camogie Division 2 encounter with Tipperary.
The game was originally to take place in The Ragg on February the 8th but was postponed due to the stormy weather that weekend.
Due to the continuing inclement weather tomorrow’s game again set to take place in The Ragg is switched to Mary Immaculate College, St Patrick’s Campus in Thurles.
The five changes for Dublin are Stef Carthy who takes over in goal from the injured Dara Cooke.
Shauna McBride comes into the midfield in place of Niamh Gleeson who switches to corner forward.
Sinead Murphy replaces Chloe O’Connor in the half-forward line, Claire Rigney is in for Holly Finnegan in the full-forward line.
Aoibhe Dillon was named to start last weeks game against Antrim but picked up a slight knock in the warm-up and wasn’t risked. She has recovered and slots in at number 14 in place of Sadhbh Duffy.
There is one more positional change with Aoife McKearney moving from the number 15 position to number 11.
Baptism Of Fire
Dublin’s young inexperienced Inter team got a baptism of fire last weekend against Antrim particularly in the opening 15 minutes of the game as they shipped three goals.
But they settled into the game the longer it went on and gave a much better account of themselves in the second half.
Manager Dave Dunning will hope that his young side have learned the lessons from their opening game and will be better equipped for tomorrow’s tough trip to Thurles.
Tipperary will be looking to build on their four point win over Laois the last day out particularly as only one team from group 3 will advance to the knockout stages of the league.
It should be an intriguing game tomorrow and the switch of the game from The Ragg which is somewhat of a fortress for Tipperary to the Thurles venue only adds further intrigue to the fixture.
Referee John Horgan will get the action underway at 2pm and we will have LIVE UPDATES of all the action over on our Twitter account @wearedub
Dublin Inter Camogie Starting 15:
1. Stef Carthy (Na Fianna)
2. Emma Parker (Skerries Harps)
3. Lauren Robinson (Raheny)
4. Niamh Doherty (Naomh Jude)
5. Caoimhe Ní Mhaolagáin (St. Oliver Plunkett Eoghan Ruadh)
6. Ciara Buchanan (C) (St. Finnians)
7. Ciara Griffin (St. Brigids)
8. Niamh Heffernan (Naomh Peregrine)
9. Shauna McBride (St. Vincents)
10. Megan Benson (St. Maurs)
11. Aoife McKearney (Lucan Sarsfields)
12. Sinead Murphy (Cuala)
13. Claire Rigney (Lucan Sarsfields)
14. Aoibhe Dillon (Naomh Mearnóg)
15. Niamh Gleeson (Na Fianna)
16. AN Other
17. Chole Murphy (Ballyboden St. Endas)
18. Emma Johnson (Ballinteer St. Johns)
19. Roisin O’Grady (Cuala)
20. Emma Quinn (Erins Isle)
21. Sion Keating (Good Counsel)
22. Anna Gerarty (Kilmacud Crokes)
23. Aisling Andrews (Castleknock)
24. Sadhbh Duffy (St. Pats)
25. Holly Finnegan (Faughs Celtic)
26. Chloe O’Connor (Lucan Sarsfields)
27. Niamh McCormack (Raheny)
28. Nadine Murphy (St. Vincents)
29. Dara Cooke (Crumlin)