Camogie Association Annual Congress deferred as games suspension extended


The Camogie Association Annual Congress due to take place on the 3rd and 4th of April is deferred till a later date

A sliotar with the Camogie Association crest, the Camogie Association Annual Congress has been deferred due to Covid-19 with the Camogie Association releasing a update statement today

The Camogie Association released a statement today updating the latest developments for Camogie in relation to Covid-19.

The statement outlined the effects that the current unprecedented health crisis will have on upcoming events, competitions, fixtures and the Camogie Association Annual Congress and the extension of the games suspension till at least the 19th of April.

It was also specified that whenever the suspension is lifted that competitive fixtures will be scheduled at least two weeks after the return to games to allow teams to get back training.

The full statement is below.

Update in relation to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from the Camogie Association

In light of the latest developments in relation to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and upon advice from the relevant state authorities including the HSE, the Camogie Association will extend its current suspension of all Camogie activities until Sunday April 19th (inclusive) or as further advised.

  • The Association’s Annual Congress (originally scheduled for April 3rd & 4th 2020) has been deferred and will be rescheduled.
  • Camogie Fixtures, as governed under rule, will be reviewed as further guidance is provided by the Public Health Authorities. Updates will be provided in due course.
  • The GAA National Féile na nGael 2020 has been cancelled.
  • Camán to Croker (originally scheduled for April 18th 2020) development initiative have been postponed – this position will be reviewed in light of future guidance.
  • A number of education and training initiatives have been deferred. Many initiatives, workshops, webinars will be available online. This will be notified in due course.
  • A decision has been taken that all competitive fixtures will be scheduled at least 2 weeks after the return to games activity to enable teams to get back training.

We acknowledge that this step will result in further inconvenience and disruption to members as well as the game at all levels, however we appreciate the continued co-operation and support of everyone involved at this time.

The health and safety of our members is, as always, of paramount importance and these steps will assist us all in taking the necessary precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 and to return to full activity as early as possible.

As this is a rapidly developing situation, we will continue to monitor the information received from the relevant authorities on a day-to-day basis. Further updates will be issued in due course.

We advise all members to monitor the Government and HSE websites for the latest information and guidance regarding COVID-19 and to follow their instructions regarding social distancing in particular over the coming weeks.